Our evaluation of SUMO
We have some fundamental questions to the SUMO design as it's currently presented.
- What about neutron losses to top and bottom ?
- What's the material of the blanket piping ?
- Do PuF3 and other TRU concentrations stay provenly within solubility limits ?
- Is FLiBe or only LiF the chosen core liquid ?
- Is the material flow dependant on Protactinium processing ?
- Is the Bismuth reduction processing scheme too advanced for normal power station operation ?
- Are there areas of stagnant/turbulent/laminar flows ?